Name: Jaden Newman, @Jaden_newman01
Watch out WNBA – 11 year old Jaden Newman is already outscoring her varsity teammates and catching the eye of NBA legends. As part of Downey Christian High School’s varsity basketball team in Orlando, Florida, Jaden is scoring an unimaginable number of points – she recently scored a whopping 59 points and helped lead her team to a 98-46 victory.
5 Reasons Why Jaden is Awesome:
- In her remarkable 59 point game, Newman scored a school record of 16 three-pointers with a few of them coming from almost half court.
- Watch out Steph Curry, Jaden has already beaten him in a three-point contest.
- Jaden has been a part of the varsity team since she was 9!
- She is the youngest player to reach 1,000 points in a high school game.
- For the Newman’s, basketball is a family affair. Jaden’s brother, Julian Newman, became the youngest player ever to eclipse 1,000 career points when he achieved the feat as a seventh-grader in January 2015.
Here are some highlights from Jaden’s career so far:
Photo via The Orlando Sentinel.