Name: Sabrina Pasterski
She may seem like your average 22- year old college student, but Sabrina Pasterski is anything but – the first-generation Cuban-American has already received job offers from Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, and aerospace developer and manufacturer Blue Origin, as well as NASA. Sabrina’s work with physics has helped grant thousands of dollars from Hertz Foundation, the Smith Foundation and the National Science Foundation to support her studies and work. What do you think – is Sabrina the next Einstein?
5 Reasons Sabrina is Awesome:
- Sabina’s study seeks to explore black holes and spacetime and she is particularly concentrated on explaining gravity through the context of quantum mechanics.
- The Chicago native is not a fan of social media and has no Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram accounts! However, her website, PhysicsGirl, is regularly updated with her list of achievements and current news.
- Success hasn’t always come easy for Sabrina – when she first applied to MIT, she was waitlisted. When two professors saw video of Sabrina building her airplane, she was accepted. They said, “Our mouths were hanging open after we looked at it. Her potential is off the charts.”
- Sabrina graduated MIT with the highest possible grade point average (GPA) – a 5.00.
- Of her love for physics, Pasterski told Yahoo: “Physics itself is exciting enough. It’s not like a 9-to-5 thing. When you’re tired you sleep, and when you’re not, you do physics.”
Photo via: www.nextshark.com