Name: Maya Penn, @
When we learned about Maya Penn, we almost couldn’t believe our eyes. The 15 year old is already a designer, animator, philanthropist and CEO of her nonprofit organization, Maya’s Ideas 4 The Planet, which uses 100 percent organic cotton, hemp and bamboo, as well as recycled vintage materials to create her line of unique clothing and accessories. Maya’s nonprofit strives to help the community, spread environmental awareness and encourage young girls to follow their dreams in non-traditional fields. Thanks, Maya, for all you do for the community and to inspire girls!
5 Reasons Maya is Awesome:
- Maya loves technology and built her first HTML website all by herself!
- 10 – 20% of profits from Maya’s nonprofit go to local and global charities and environmental organizations!
- Maya has been featured on CNN, Forbes, The Huffington Post, NPR and Wired, and MANY more!
- Maya’s TED Talk has over one million views! Watch it below.
- Maya’s first book is called “You Got This” and will be out on April 12! In the book, Maya tells young girls how to “unleash your awesomeness, find your path and change your world.” Buy it here.
Watch Maya’s awesome TED Talk!
Photo via http://www.mayasideas.com.