Name: Marlo Mosley, @NFLPLAY60
Although the world was watching the Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers at Super Bowl 50, the real shining star was 11-year-old Marlo Mosley, who was named the NFL’s Play 60 Super Kid! Marlo loves football, and plays wide-receiver on her all-boy tackle football team. Marlo’s enthusiasm, passion and simple love of the game is what won her this title – we hope that Marlo can use her passion to inspire and encourage other girls to play sports and be active and healthy every day!
5 Reasons Marlo is Awesome:
- Marlo beat out thousands of kids to win the NFL’s Play 60 Award, which encourages kids to be active for at least 60 minutes a day.
- Marlo plays football every day, but she doesn’t want to play professionally – she wants to be a head coach so that she can share her passion.
- In her Play 60 submission video, Marlo describes herself as a “trailblazer” in the sport.
- Marlo got to enjoy a week’s worth of events for being named the Play 60 Super Kid, including meeting her NFL idols and handling the gameday ball off to the ref at Super Bowl 50!
- Marlo’s favorite team is the San Francisco 49ers, so it was only fitting that she found out about her Play 60 award from hometown favorite, Roger Craig!
Check out this Marlo on NFL Total Access here.
Story and photo via Women You Should Know.