Name: Zoe Robinson, @tykes
Zoe was featured in the documentary series, Friday Night Tykes, a show about youth football in the Texas Youth Football Association (TYFA). Even though Zoe didn’t stick with football, she gave it a try and definitely wasn’t afraid to play with the boys. Playing defensive tackle meant that she was right in the middle of every play. Zoe’s willingness to try new things outside of her comfort zone is the reason we think her story should be heard.
5 Reasons Zoe is Awesome:
- Zoe Robinson played defensive tackle for the Texas Spartans in the Junior Division for students 10-11 years old.
- She was able to step outside of her comfort zone and try something new. As the season progressed and she learned more about the game, her confidence grew on and off the field.
- Zoe’s mom recognizes her determination to play the game, saying, “I was really proud that you finished. You completed it, and you didn’t quit.”
- Although Zoe made it through the entire season, she chose to return back to her main love, volleyball.
- Zoe was empowered through sports and we hope she serves as an inspirational story for girls like her.
In Texas, football is serious business. To watch clips of Zoe on the field in Friday Night Tykes, check out the links below.
Let’s Hear it For the Girl