Name: Tavi Gevinson, @tavitulle
Tavi is an American writer, magazine editor, actress and singer. At the age of 12 she created her fashion blog Style Rookie. As she grew older her focus shifted to pop culture and feminist discussion. For years, Tavi has been an inspiration to girls everywhere because of her unbelievable passion, confidence, creativity and work ethic. She is the founder and editor-in-chief for the online Rookie Magazine, and has edited the book collection, Rookie Yearbook 1-4, which includes original writing and art from young people.
5 Reasons Tavi is Awesome:
- She has worked with musicians Carrie Brownstein, Gloria Steinem, Lorde, Miley Cyrus, Sky Ferreira and Taylor Swift.
- She has appeared in the Forbes 30 Under 30 in Media list twice in 2011, 2012 and in 2014 was named one of “The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014” by Time magazine.
- She is leading a campaign for Clinique in which she talks about confidence and creativity, her two favorite things and biggest sources of anxiety.
- Tavi is self-deprecating and funny! Here’s how she describes herself in the About Me section on her blog: “Tiny 13 year old dork that sits inside all day wearing awkward jackets and pretty hats. Scatters black petals on Rei Kawakubo’s doorsteps and serenades her in rap. I have no where near 4 million readers. Rather cynical and cute as a drained rat. In a sewer. Farting. And spitting out guts.”
- She has an awesome apartment! Check it out here.
Check out our favorite Tavi videos below:
Introducing Tavi Gevinson
Still Figuring It Out – TEDx Talks
A Moment with Tavi Gevinson